Every website needs a server so that visitors can access it. A server is a computer like any other, with only specific software installed. When we talk about shared hosting, we are referring to several sites hosted on the same server. This is usually the cheapest hosting solution. But there are some disadvantages of shared hosting, which make it inferior to India VPS Server Hosting.
To understand these disadvantages, you need to imagine that your website is a computer program. In order for it to work, some resources are needed, such as RAM and processing (CPU). The more people using these resources at the same time, the more it will take to get the job done. But any computer has a limit on available resources. This means that you can run out of resources with shared hosting. And your site will present technical difficulties. In practice, this usually happens in two cases –
• When the hosting provider stores an excessive amount of websites on the same server,
• When your website receives a lot of traffic.
If you chose a reputable provider, the first case should not be a problem. But, with the growth of your website and the increase in the number of accesses, it is inevitable that the resources of your shared hosting are not enough. This means that it is time to move to a better plan.
This is where you understand what VPS is for, as it is time to hire India VPS Server Hosting. The term Virtual Private Server may seem a little intimidating, but it is simpler than it sounds. With a VPS server, you still share the same server with other users. However, each virtual server is partitioned with dedicated resources. Below are some features that differentiate a VPS from shared hosting –
• VPS servers are targeted. Even though users still share the same physical server, each has a separate and independent environment,
• There is no sharing of resources. Each VPS receives a specific amount of resources that are not shared with anyone else,
• VPS servers tend to be highly scalable. Depending on your provider, you can hire more resources according to your project’s needs,
• On a VPS server, you have access to configure the server, either on your own or with the help of the hosting provider.
Generally, shared hosting plans do not give you much freedom to adjust your server settings. It is common for the hosting provider to perform all settings and provide access to a hosting control panel for its users. These panels are usually quite complete to manage different aspects of your website. But for those who have experience with server management, they leave a little to be desired.
Upgrading to India VPS Server Hosting is a great option since you have more autonomy to configure your server settings. In the end, upgrading to VPS is all about more features and functionality to improve your website’s performance.